28.3.18

Loving Lately: March

I'm always drawn to little list-like blog posts- they really are some of my favorite reads! So this week when I was so sure that my life wasn't interesting enough to warrant writing about, I thought, why not start my own version?

March has been a pretty good month for me, with a lot of great opportunities coming my way and my life sorting itself out for once. I'm finally looking toward the future and can see a little picture of where I'll be over the next few months emerging. But life isn't all about planning for the future- sometimes you just have to enjoy the little things! So with March being a month of Big Things, here are some smaller things I've been loving lately.



1.) Podcasts

Even though podcasts have been around for quite some time, it's only just now that they're starting to get "cool." Everyone and their mom is starting a podcast now, and while I'm not inclined to create my own, there are a few that I keep going back to. Recently, I've felt like I was lacking in my consumption of credible news- that's where NPR's Up First comes in. Just 15 minutes of the top news stories is the perfect match to my 15-minute walk to and from campus every day. From Up First, I found another NPR podcast called Hidden Brain which feeds my obsession with Sociology and culture and even teaches me a thing or two about Psychology. If politics are your thing, I can't recommend Pod Save America enough! On Pod Save, three ex-Obama administration staff members discuss hot political topics with great expertise (and sometimes great profanity).
 
2.) Newsletters

Newsletters have also gained massively in popularity this year. Some of my most-read bloggers are now offering more content through newsletters, and I love having them land in my inbox every weekend! I'm so inspired by the bloggers who have added in this new element. Coming up with one blog post per week is already hard enough for me! Some of the great newsletters I'm subscribed to at the moment are Charlotte's, Kirsty's, and Rhianna's. I also enjoy how much these ladies show the love in their newsletters, linking to their favorite reads each week- it's really expanded my blogging horizons!

3.) London

Ah, London. I think our love-hate relationship has finally come to a close. I've spent a lot of time in London this year, and at first, the negatives outweighed the positives. But now every time I have to leave I don't want to! I'm very likely going to be moving down to London next year, so I'm glad that my attitude has changed. The tube might still not be my cup of tea, but I appreciate it's convenience. I've found a few pockets of the city that aren't touristy where I can find some of the best food I've ever eaten (see this post!). I have been really grateful to have this year as almost a "transition year" to get used to London!

4.) Facemasks 

I'm aware of how painfully basic this sounds, but I absolutely love facemasks! I think it's a relatively "cheap" way of indulging in something luxurious. I don't usually buy too many skincare products, so I feel justified in my purchases. Especially at Superdrug where the facemasks are 3 for £2, I can never resist. My personal favorites are charcoal and seaweed peel-off masks, but I having a clay or moisturising mask every once in a while is also nice (although I'm generally pretty good about moisturizing).

5.) Homemade Pizzas

If you follow me on Instagram, you'll notice that I post snaps of my meals pretty often. And whenever I post a picture of my famous homemade pizzas, I always get loads of responses! Pizza is one of my go-to dinners for a few reasons. Firstly, it feels like a treat but can be made really healthy by adding lots of vegetables. Secondly, it's a relatively inexpensive meal- all you need is yeast, flour, and water to make the base, and toppings can be as cheap or expensive as you like! And finally, I adore making the dough. Kneading by hand really fosters a connection between myself and the food, and I love being able to share that with others.


What have you been loving lately? Let me know in the comments! 

2 comments:

  1. Homemade pizzas are indeed excellent. Loving that first picture, beautiful capture.

    www.somethinginthewayshemoves.me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizzas are definitely one of my go-to dinners! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CUSTOM BLOG DESIGN BY PRETTYWILDTHINGS